- Saw off the top of the pumpkin, with the stem, like you are going to going to carve it. Toss it.
- Cut the pumpkin in half and scrape out the seeds with an ice cream scoop or heavy spoon (Reserve the seeds for toasting later!)
- Cut or scrape off any excess strings from the inside until it's clean
- Cut the pumpkin into quarters or large chunks
- Bake the pumpkin at 350 F degrees for about 1 hour or until the pumpkin meat is very tender
- Scrape the soft meat off the pumpkin skin and run through a food processor or food mill to make it a smooth consistency, add water if needed!
Just like from the can! You can can (Can Can!) this pumpkin to hold for future recipes or use it right away. Now you never need to buy canned pumpkin from the store again!
What are you going to make with your pumpkin puree?